LifeCare Medical, Inc.
42014 Veterans Avenue
Hammond, LA 70403
(985) 542-4343 * (800) 375-4343
NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
This Notice is effective March 26, 2013
WE ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO PROTECT MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We are required by law to protect the privacy of medical information about you and that identifies you. This medical information may be information about healthcare we provide to you or payment for healthcare provided to you. It may also be information about your past, present, or future medical condition.
We are also required by law to provide you with this Notice of Privacy Practices explaining our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to medical information. We are legally required to follow the terms of this Notice. In other words, we are only allowed to use and disclose medical information in the manner that we have described in this Notice.
We may change the terms of this Notice in the future. We reserve the right to make changes and to make the new Notice effective for all medical information that we maintain. If we make changes to the Notice, we will:
· Post the new Notice in our waiting area.
· Have copies of the new Notice available upon request. Please contact our Privacy Officer at (985) 542-4343 to obtain a copy of our current Notice).
The rest of this Notice will:
· Discuss how we may use and disclose medical information about you.
· Explain your rights with respect to medical information about you.
· Describe how and where you may file a privacy-related complaint.
If, at any time, you have questions about information in this Notice or about our privacy policies, procedures or practices, you can contact our Privacy Officer at (985) 542-4343.
WE MAY USE AND DISCLOSE MEDICAL INFORMATION
ABOUT YOU IN SEVERAL CIRCUMSTANCES